Rosewicket Wicca Coven

A haven for all who wish to learn about Wicca

Forums

Forum Home > General Wicca > Finding my Craft Name

Latia
Limited Member

Merry Meet all.

I was wondering something.. I know it may be a stupid topic, but I'm getting killed by not knowing how to find my craft/Wiccan name. Can anybody help? Thank you!

Blessed Be.

--

We die doing what we live for. Make sure it's worth it. ~Latia

Join the Coven, Worship the Divine, in the Aurora Lights Circle

December 18, 2010 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Star-Storm

The main thing is to take your time...don't force it. It will come to you when you need it the most and when you least expect it. Be open to it and allow the universe to do its work. Think of it this way, your parents didn't think of your name over night - so neither will the universe. Ask the universe for assistance in this - then be patient.

Blessed Be

Autumn Star-Storm

--

The Earth is a poet that speaks to you when the grass is between your toes, the wind is playing with your hair, the smell of fall warms your soul and your eyes feast on the skys - day and night.

December 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Latia
Limited Member

Thank you Autumn. Blessed Be to you too.

--

December 20, 2010 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Star-Storm

In addition, don't be surprised if you "try on" a name or two before deciding. When you find it....you will KNOW. It will feel comfortable and easy to think of yourself as that name. Everyone has a different experience.

I had a list of names that I had written down over a period of time. Then suddenly this combination came of light. Autumn/ Fall is my favorite season, I collect stars and am attracted to their shape and had "Estrella" picked out (spanish for Star*) and well...storm just popped in there...I do have a bit of a stormy disposition at times or can go hard on projects to get things done. So thus created *Autumn Star-Storm*.

December 22, 2010 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Star-Storm

oh, last but not least, Autumn S.S. is my public craft name. I also have a private craft name I use during ritual/ spells...when I am addressing the universe. I think that name is private - between myself and the Goddess. Some people do this....others just use one name. Good luck on your name venture.

--

The Earth is a poet that speaks to you when the grass is between your toes, the wind is playing with your hair, the smell of fall warms your soul and your eyes feast on the skys - day and night.

December 22, 2010 at 3:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wicca_Magik13
Limited Member

Whats a Craft name?

December 30, 2010 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Latia
Limited Member

Sorry if this definition isn't exactly correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the name you call yourself in Wicca, like during ritual.

--

January 6, 2011 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Star-Storm

Other religions do the same. For example - My Catholic name given to me during catechim was Mary. It is a holy name.

Check out the following page I found that explains in depth;

http://wicca.timerift.net/names.shtml

January 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Autumn Star-Storm

I believe names are MAGICAL. Their meanings have the ability to run deep into your soul and has the ability to create a part of your personality. This includes the name given to you by your parents. What ever you decide, do so with patience and what you know about yourself. It may take some time...don't force or rush it. ;)

--

January 10, 2011 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lorahe

Thank you Autumn Star-Storm for all the information. This answered some questions I had on the topic.

August 13, 2013 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dodds85
I thank you all this post helped me find my craft name
April 10, 2014 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.